Welcome to the 2016 RamNation Bowl Pick’em Contest, sponsored by the Rams Book Store!
Mdwatts steamrolls way to the title! SlamBamRam3 and 6exram0 also finish in the top three
1/3/17–Talk about finishing strong! Mdwatts closed the bowl season with a nine-game winning streak to surge past the rest of the field and win the RamNation Bowl Pick’em Contest, sponsored by Rams Book Store. She finished with a 27-13 record, which is an amazing 67.5% winning percentage. It has been a fantastic year for mdwatts, who also won an individual week during the regular season contest and finished in third place overall. For her efforts, she wins a $100 store credit to Rams Book Store, so she’ll be all set on Ram gear this year, with a nice chunk to spend at Rams Book Store! Congratulations!!! (Please email us at email@example.com to arrange collecting your prize.)
SlamBamRam3 had been at or near the top of the leaderboard for most of the contest season. But started to fade a bit, and in fact, went just 6-for-13 to close the season. But he benefitted from the rest of the leaders also faltering, and somehow finished tied for second with 6exram0 at 25-15 (for a very good winning percentage of 62.5%). He edged 6exram0 for the runner-up spot (and the $50 store credit) thanks to a total point guess of 49 points in the Peach Bowl (actual total was 31), while 6exram0 guessed 60. Going with his old college uniform number may have cost him the chance to finish second. But, he’ll take third place and the $25 store credit. Again, winners, please contact us to arrange collecting your prizes!
The unfortunate contestant was WEB, who held the lead or tied for the lead for much of the past week and a half, thanks to a nine-game winning streak in the middle of the contest season, but faltered with a five-game losing streak to close the contest season, including a goose egg Monday, going 0-for-4. He finished tied for fourth place at 24-16 along with six others, including: BlackBetty, BoomBoomRam, gamblinram, Basketball Jones, 21stCentury Schizoid Ram, and Ashlyn_Ram.
Briankc05, who was the early darling of the contest with a 7-0 start to lead much of the first two weeks, faded in the second half of the season. He still finished at 23-17, along with four others. On the other end of the spectrum were five contestants (TxRam, 60’s Rammies, 123RamsRamsRams, ramminn, and colorscolor) who managed just 13 correct picks in the 40 bowl games.
Overall, the field made a valiant effort to improve the winning percentage. At several points during the contest season, we were down in the 37% range, but climbed to a final winning percentage of 47.4% — the highest mark we hit during the entire contest. So props to the field for finishing strong.
Favorites also finished on a strong note, covering 9 of the final 12 games, including a 3-1 mark on Monday ton conclude the contest season. It was still the year of the underdog, however, as they finished with a 22-17 record over the favorites, with 16 of those underdogs winning outright. (The Hawaii Bowl was a pick’em game, and is not included in those figures.)
We want to thank you all for playing all year long. And please join me in thanking Rams Book Store for their 16th year of sponsorship to this contest. When you’re in need CSU memorabilia, gear, or school books, Rams Book Store should be your first choice!
Stay tuned for our March Madness contest!
- Contestants will pick a point-spread winner in every bowl game.
- Contestant’s should make their picks “against the spread”. For instance, if CSU is favored by -13.5 vs. Idaho, and CSU wins by more than 13.5 points, they win “against the spread.” If CSU does not win by more than 13.5 points, then Idaho wins “against the spread,” even though they might lose the game.
- In the event of a tie between contestants at the end of the bowl season, the first tiebreaker is the total points scored in the “tiebreaker” game. The contestant that picks closest to the total points scored wins the tiebreaker. If total points does not break the tie, then total yards will be used. Again, closest guess to the total yards gained from scrimmage by both teams during that game will win the tiebreaker.
- Entries are due by 9:30 a.m. Saturday December 19 prior to the first kickoff that day.
- Please submit only one entry form per contestant.
- The system is set up so that if you want to change your picks (before the start of the first game), you simply have to to resumbit your entry, and it will overwrite the exisiting entry.
Guidelines and other notes:
Q.Ram, our contest administrator, will make his picks known on the message board prior to deadline, so that everyone will know he is not rigging the game to win all of the prizes.
When in Fort Collins, please pay a visit to our gracious sponsor, Rams Book Store, for furnishing the prizes. Their sponsorship is what helps make RamNation go.
All registered posters are welcome to join the contest, but remember all you Ram foes out there…the prizes are limited to what Rams Book Store has in stock, which is primarily CSU-related gear! Thanks and best of luck to everyone (except Buffaloes, Cowboys, and Falcons).
–Q.Ram, Good SHEP, and CSURamFan