Welcome to the 2017 RamNation Pigskin Pick’em Contest, sponsored by Rams Book Store!
CSUCUDAD2 wins for the second time this year; takes the overall lead in the season race
10/16/17–CSUCUDAD2 won for the second time in five weeks, recording an 11 to tie with Ramsrus and Stapleton Ram, and winning thanks to his tiebreaker guess. CSUCUDAD2 predicted 60 total points in the CSU-Nevada game (actual score was 86) while Ramsrus guessed 49 and Stapleton Ram predicted 48. For his efforts, CSUCUDAD2 wins the store credit to Rams Book Store (Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange collecting your prize.)
CSUCUDAD2 joins an elite group of contestants that have won multiple times in the same season. The others include Hond0 (2016), Reecieramfan (2010 and 2013), WEB (2001 and 2009), SMARUSCOG (2001), Ram Stein (2003), Reccon (2004), BigAl (2006), and BoomBoomRam (2009). Reecieramfan and BoomBoomRam became the second pair to accomplish the feat in the same year (2010). WEB and SMARUSCOG did it 2001 (SMARUSCOG is the only contestant ever to do it in back-to-back weeks).
CSUCUDAD2’s march into the record books marks the second straight historic week after last week we saw DRZRAM move into a tie for the all-time weekly wins lead with WEB and reecieramfan with 6.
With his solid run, CSUCUDAD2 also has vaulted into the overall lead for the season with 53 Contest Wins (omitting each contestant’s worst two weeks). He also owns the best gross total with 70 Season Total wins (66.7% winning percentage). DurwardRam continues his strong performance and sits in second place with 52 wins, while RamMan is in third place at 51 wins.
The field’s amazing hot streak to start the season came to a screeching halt recording a 43.2% winning percentage. It was the first time the field has been under .500 all season. We still own a 52% winning percentage on the season. Six contestants tied for lowest score of the week at 3: LakevilleJep, Big Horned Sheep, brett, rjeppson, Ramborguesa, and carnero.
We are now halfway through the season. Keep getting your picks in each week. As you know, we throw out each contestant’s worst two weeks of the season at the end of the year. Just make sure to get your picks in each week via the “Weekly Lines / Entry Form” link….and track your standings via the Contest Results/Standings link.
Don’t forget, we ask that you get your entries in at least 15 minutes prior to the first kickoff of a game on the contest schedule.
Thanks to everyone for playing, and please join me in thanking Rams Book Store for their 18th year of sponsorship to this contest. When you’re in need of CSU memorabilia, gear, or school books, Rams Book Store should be your first choice! –Joel Cantalamessa <br>(Good SHEPHERD)
Each weekly winner gets a prize from Rams Book Store. Season winners win gift certificates to Rams Book Store.
Prizes: Each weekly winner will receive a store credit to Rams Book Store. The top three finishers will receive gift Grand Prize gift certificates to Rams Book Store.
- Each week contestants will pick a winner in 15 games.
- Contestant’s should make their picks “against the spread”. For instance, if Iowa is favored by 12.5 vs. Wyoming and Iowa wins by more than 12.5 points, they win “against the spread.” If Iowa does not win by more than 12.5 points, then Wyoming wins “against the spread,” even though they might lose the game.
- The weekly winner will be the contestant with the most correct picks.
- In the event of a tie between contestants at the end of a week, the first tiebreaker is the total points scored in the “tiebreaker” game (usually a game involving CSU). The contestant that picks closest to the total points scored wins the tiebreaker. If total points does not break the tie, then total yards will be used. Again, closest guess to the total yards gained from scrimmage by both teams during that game will win the tiebreaker. If a tie is still unbroken, both contestants will receive a prize
- Please have picks in 15 minutes prior to kickoff of the first game on the contest schedule. Please note that Thanksgiving many games start on Thursday.
- Please submit only one entry form per contestant.
- The system is set up so that if you want to change your picks before the weekly deadline, you simply have to to resumbit your entry, and it will overwrite the existing entry.
Season Contest: In addition to each weekly contest, there is a contest for the entire 14-week season in which totals will be kept over the course of the season. The season winners will be the contestant’s with the most correct picks throughout the season, while dropping your worst two weekly win totals. If you miss a week or have a bad week, you can drop that week against your season total. This allows for contestants who may miss the first week, or who may miss a week during the season for whatever reason to remain in contention for the title. If there is a tie between contestants at the season, the highest win percentage for all weeks will be the first tiebreaker. (A contestant must have participated in 11 or more weeks to be eligible.) If the tie is not broken by win percentage, then there will be a final playoff during the Conference Championship weekend, between contestants who are tied. Guidelines and other notes: The contest administrator (Q.Ram) will determine the weekly games on the following basis:
- All games involving MWC teams.
- All games involving two teams rated in the Top 25 AP Poll or receiving votes.
- At least one game involving each of the eight biggest conferences.
- Any other games of note (rivalry games or games involving Top 10 teams).
Please note that CSU games will not be included because the contest administrator (Q.Ram) is highly superstitious and doesn’t believe in betting on games in which he is emotionally involved. (Most of us are CSU fans, and we would all pick CSU to win every week anyway, so that game would be a wash.) CSU games will, however, be used for the Tiebreaker game, unless they are on a Thursday night. Results will typically be posted the following Monday. Please track your picks and make sure you are credited with the right amount of wins. Q.Ram has been known on a very, very rare occurrence to make a mistake, and we will correct errors up until the following week has been played. Q.Ram will make his picks known on the message board prior to deadline, so that everyone will know the contest administrator is not rigging the game to win all of the prizes. Remember, if you are in the market for text books and CSU gear, Rams Book Store should be your first choice. Their sponsorship is what helps make RamNation go. All registered posters are welcome to join the contest, but remember all you Ram foes out there…the prizes are limited to what Rams Book Store has in stock, which is primarily CSU-related gear! Thanks and best of luck to everyone (except Buffaloes, Cowboys, and Falcons). –Q.Ram, Good SHEP, and CSURamFan