In dramatic fashion, Ram Fan and EZ supplant 98Ram, with Ram Fan winning the title!
1/11/22–Ding dong, the witch is dead! Despite 98Ram leading for the entire bowl season, Ram Fan and EZ surpassed him in the final game, thanks to both picking Georgia (-2.5) to cover in the National Championship, while 98Ram picked Alabama. Georgia had an impressive fourth-quarter surge to win 33-18 over Alabama. That put Ram Fan and EZ into a two-way tie for first at 26-11 (an amazing 70% winning percentage), so it came down to the tiebreaker of total points in the national championship game. Amazingly, that tiebreaker was separated by only one point, as Ram Fan guessed 75 total points, while EZ guessed 76. Final total in the game was 51. So, Ram Fan wins the contest and the $200 gift card to SCHEELS and a filled beer growler of his choice from Mighty River Brewing Company. Congrats on a great run!
EZ (formerly EZStreetRam on the RamNation message boards) settles for the runner-up slot, and the filled beer growler of his choice from Mighty River Brewing Company, as well as Colorado state pride hat. Amazing run for EZ!
98Ram dropped to third place despite leading wire to wire, almost entirely by himself (he was co-leader for only a couple of days across the entire bowl season) before going 1-7 to conclude the season. Even with the slide, he still was tied for first place going into the National Championship game Monday night. But with Bama losing he fell into a two-way tie for third with Unckie L at 25-12 (still a 68.5% winning percentage), but 98Ram’s tiebreaker guess of 53 points in the National Championship game edged Unckie’s guess of 63. So, 98Ram earns the growler from Mighty River Brewing Company and the Colorado state pride hat.
98Ram was vying to become the first contestant in the 21-year history of the contest to win the regular season and bowl contest in the same year. He fell just short, but still put together the best regular/bowl season run we’ve ever seen. But Ram Fan’s 12-2 run down the stretch (and EZ’s 8-3 closing stretch) was too much to overcome his own 1-7 skid. Unckie L had an incredible run himself (including a 14-0 stretch in the middle of the contest), but had a 3-5 finish.
There was a five-way tie for fifth place at 24-13, which means all of them are in for free beer. Spots 4-10 earn a free beer taster flight from Mighty River Brewing Company, and the 10th-place spot was a battle between six contestants, but went to Stalwart Ram via tiebreaker thanks to nailing the total points in the National Championship game at 51. (Ramscape, 52, and Ro Sham Bo, 53, were the next closest.)
The final top 10 finished as follows:
- Ram Fan (26 wins)
- EZ (26)
- 98Ram (25)
- Unckie L (25)
- Hawkeye1421 (24)
- DRZRAM (24)
- natediggscsu (24)
- Righteous Ram (24)
- smaruscog (24)
- Stalwart Ram (23)
For those of you who don’t live in the area, the certificates are good through the year, so next time you visit the Fort Collins area, make sure to stop into our favorite brewery and get your delicious beer!
We will be in touch with our winners over the next few days with your certificates!
Thanks to all of you for playing, and stay tuned for our March Madness contest! We’d love for you all to support our sponsors who make this contest possible. SCHEELS is the premier sporting goods store in all of Northern Colorado, and has a great selection of CSU gear. Mighty River Brewing Company in Windsor is owned by Ram mega fan/fellow RamNationer Dan Miller, who has a great facility and even better beer. Stop in and say hi!
Our champ will win a $200 gift card to SCHEELS and free growler filled with the beer of your choice at Mighty River Brewing Company. Second and third place will also receive a filled growler from Mighty River, while the rest of the top 10 will receive free beer taster flights at Mighty River.
Thanks to our sponsors, SCHEELS and Mighty River Brewing Company for their generous donation of prizes. Don’t forget to support them and all of our sponsors for what they do for RamNation.com and helping us stay up and running!
Thanks to everyone for playing!
–Joel Cantalamessa (Good SHEPHERD)
- Contestants will pick a point-spread winner in every bowl game.
- Contestant’s should make their picks “against the spread”. For instance, if Oregon State is favored by -7.5 vs. Utah State, and Oregon State wins by more than 7.5 points, they win “against the spread.” If Oregon State does not win by more than 7.5 points, then Utah State wins “against the spread,” even though they might lose the game.
- In the event of a tie between contestants at the end of the contest season, the first tiebreaker is total points guess in the national championship game. If that doesn’t break the tie, whoever performed better in Mountain West games will break the tie. If the tie is still not broken we’ll determine an equitable split of the prizes.
- Entries are due prior to the first kickoff of bowl season!
- Please submit only one entry form per contestant.
- You may edit your entries via the pool dashboard as long as it’s before the start of the first game of the contest that week. Your final entry is the one submitted last prior to the first kickoff.
- If a game is canceled/postponed, it will merely be omitted from the standings.
Thanks and best of luck to everyone (except Buffaloes, Cowboys, and Falcons, of course!).