Cartier, hope Niko allows him to recover & rest during DU game. -- Mtnbighorn 12/03/2023 12:20PM
WASHINGTON GAME RECAP
I didn’t have time today to do my game preview of Washington (it was my kids birthday and we spent the day down at the Denver Aquarium). But I thought I’d give my thoughts on the win.
There’s not a ton I can say that others already haven’t on here, but I can dive into some stats and numbers for you all.
CSU stayed at 22 in Kenpom and moved up to 6th in O, but dropped to 74th in D. NET rankings come out on Monday, so I’ll switch my rankings over to NET as Kenpom basically becomes secondary for the selection committee.
Wash is 58 in Kenpom, so if they can squeeze into the top 50 NET, this will be a Q1 win, which is huge.
Picked 8th in the Pac12, I thought they looked better than that. They are tough and have a lot of talent, and they will do decent in the Pac12 this season. They just have a lot of new pieces, so I don’t think most people knew what to expect from them this season. They are kinda a bubble team if I had to guess, maybe NIT.
There’s not really a need for me to do any game recap as you’ve all done so already. Just a gutsy, gritty win, and more evidence the Creighton win was not lucky or a fluke. This team seems like they really might be the real deal, although I’m still holding my breathe being a Ram fan and all, and mostly knowing disappointment in my fandom.
- Had a bit of an off game. Not a bad game by any means, but struggled a bit with Wash size and mishandled the ball a few times.
- 12 pts on just 5/13 shooting. Had 5 ast and 2 stl, but 4 TOs - pretty uncharacteristic of him (the rest of the team had 4 TOs combined, which is incredible).
- That call was such BS. The most unfavorable interpretation of that play was a Flag 1. I would not have even agreed with that, but a Flag 2? Those refs need to be brought in for review after that one. Huge call that could’ve easily costed us the game.
- Guy is such a stud. He is so tough and such a great defender.
- 17 pts, 8 rb, 2 ast, 2 stl
- He’s shooting 55% FG on the year
- Had his best game of the year with 15 pts, 5 rbs, 5 ast, and 0 TOs
- Made some clutch FTs late in the game
- He plays such smart basketball on both ends of the floor, especially for a freshmen. Gotta remember he is 20, but still so impressive.
- Can’t wait to see him start throwing down some dunks once he gets a little more confidence. It’s coming.
- He is going to be special at CSU. The kid has a ton of upside.
- I mean, what else can I say? He does it all.
- Those 3 offensive rebounds he had today were massive.
- I might start wearing a white headband to games from now on.
- So glad he’s back and hope he can remain healthy throughout the season. Back issues can be finicky and really linger.
- His 16 pts on 7/11 shooting in 20 minutes was incredibly efficient.
- No TOs and I thought his defense was pretty solid in this game.
- He looks like a young Stevens out there. He sees the court so well for a freshmen, considering how fast DI ball is compared to high school. He has a lot of promise and gives me some confidence for next year when Stevens is in the NBA ;-).
- Hit a big three but needs to find a way to make a bigger impact on the court. We need him when injuries hit.
- Great to see him out there even though it was just for a minute. KC might be the better PG between the two though.
Rams looking like a strong tournament team. There’s still a long season ahead with a lot of basketball to be played, so let’s not get ahead of ourselves, and the MWC is also really good. But this team seems to be the real deal and perhaps come Feb we’ll be discussing seeding vs the bubble, which would be very fun.
Posted: 12/03/2023 at 01:29AM
You must log in before you can reply to this message.
Please login if you wish to reply.
Please login if you wish to reply.