Welcome to the 2018 RamNation Pigskin Pick’em Contest, sponsored by the Rams Book Store!
72kRAM wins the week; RAM Texas, hawkram, and SlamBamRam3 in tie for overall lead
11/12/18–72kRAM was among 4 contestants with 12 wins this week, but he won the total score tiebreaker in the CSU-Nevada game with his guess of 55 total points (there were 59) and thus he wins the top spot in Week 11. (Please email us at email@example.com to arrange collecting your prize.) Impala1978 (whose tiebreaker guess was 82) , Montana Ram (75), and RAM Texas (45) were the other top performers this week.
For RAM Texas, he narrowly missed earning a back-to-back win which would have been the first person to do so since 2001 when SMARUSCOG pulled off the feat — the only time it’s ever been done. Only four people have ever won multiple weeks in one season: Reecieramfan and BoomBoomRam in 2010 and WEB and SMARUSCOG in 2001. (BoomBoomRam is the only contestant in the history of the contest to pull off a trifecta of wins in one season, which he accomplished in his historical 2010 campaign.)
Despite narrowly missing his chance at history, RAM Texas’s 12 pushed him into a three-way tie for first place in the season race. He, hawkram, and SlamBamRam3 lead the pack at 76 Contest Wins (factoring in throwing out each contestant’s worst two weeks). RamsDuJour, Impala1978, dougw65, and jcl508 are close behind at 75 Contest Wins. This week’s winner, 72kRAM used his good score to vault into a tie of 30th place, which seems like a lot, but he’s one of 30 contestants within 5 wins behind the leader.
CSURamFan and RambleOn took the bottom spots this week with just 4 correct picks. On a good note, however, the field had its best performance of the year with a 55.2% winning percentage. It boosted our season winning percentage from 47.75% to 48.42% — a nice jump.
We have three weeks to go, so son’t forget to keep getting your entries in by 15 minutes prior to the first kickoff (and note that we often include Friday night games in the contest)! Just click the “Weekly Lines / Entry Form” to fill out your form.
Thanks to everyone for playing, and please join me in thanking Rams Book Store for their 18th year of sponsorship to this contest. When you’re in need of CSU memorabilia, gear, or school books, Rams Book Store should be your first choice!
Each weekly winner gets a prize from Rams Book Store. Season winners win gift certificates to Rams Book Store. Prizes: Each weekly winner will receive a store credit to Rams Book Store. The top three finishers will receive gift Grand Prize gift certificates to Rams Book Store.
- Each week contestants will pick a winner in 15 games.
- Contestant’s should make their picks “against the spread”. For instance, if Stanford is favored by 14.5 vs. San Diego State, and Stanford wins by more than 14.5 points, they win “against the spread.” If Stanford does not win by more than 14.5 points, then San Diego State wins “against the spread,” even though they might lose the game.
- The weekly winner will be the contestant with the most correct picks.
- In the event of a tie between contestants at the end of a week, the first tiebreaker is the total points scored in the “tiebreaker” game (usually a game involving CSU). The contestant that picks closest to the total points scored wins the tiebreaker. If total points does not break the tie, then total yards will be used. Again, closest guess to the total yards gained from scrimmage by both teams during that game will win the tiebreaker. If a tie is still unbroken, both contestants will receive a prize
- Please have picks in 15 minutes prior to kickoff of the first game on the contest schedule. Please note that Thanksgiving many games start on Thursday.
- Please submit only one entry form per contestant.
- The system is set up so that if you want to change your picks before the weekly deadline, you simply have to to resumbit your entry, and it will overwrite the existing entry.
Season Contest: In addition to each weekly contest, there is a contest for the entire 14-week season in which totals will be kept over the course of the season. The season winners will be the contestant’s with the most correct picks throughout the season, while dropping your worst two weekly win totals. If you miss a week or have a bad week, you can drop that week against your season total. This allows for contestants who may miss the first week, or who may miss a week during the season for whatever reason to remain in contention for the title. If there is a tie between contestants at the season, the highest win percentage for all weeks will be the first tiebreaker. (A contestant must have participated in 11 or more weeks to be eligible.) If the tie is not broken by win percentage, then there will be a final playoff during the Conference Championship weekend, between contestants who are tied. Guidelines and other notes: The contest administrator (Q.Ram) will determine the weekly games on the following basis:
- All games involving MWC teams.
- All games involving two teams rated in the Top 25 AP Poll or receiving votes.
- At least one game involving each of the eight biggest conferences.
- Any other games of note (rivalry games or games involving Top 10 teams).
Please note that CSU games will not be included because the contest administrator (Q.Ram) is highly superstitious and doesn’t believe in betting on games in which he is emotionally involved. (Most of us are CSU fans, and we would all pick CSU to win every week anyway, so that game would be a wash.) CSU games will, however, be used for the Tiebreaker game, unless they are on a Thursday night. Results will typically be posted the following Monday. Please track your picks and make sure you are credited with the right amount of wins. Q.Ram has been known on a very, very rare occurrence to make a mistake, and we will correct errors up until the following week has been played. Remember, if you are in the market for text books and CSU gear, Rams Book Store should be your first choice. Their sponsorship is what helps make RamNation go. All registered posters are welcome to join the contest, but remember all you Ram foes out there…the prizes are limited to what Rams Book Store has in stock, which is primarily CSU-related gear! Thanks and best of luck to everyone (except Buffaloes, Cowboys, and Falcons). –Q.Ram, Good SHEP, and CSURamFan