Welcome to the 2018 RamNation Pigskin Pick’em Contest, sponsored by the Rams Book Store!
jeppsonr notches the best score of the year so far with 13 wins
9/24/18–Jeppsonr submitted an entry for just the second time in four weeks, and is now in 22nd place overall. And that includes recording a measly 6 wins last week. That’s the beauty of our format where we throw out each contestant’s worst two weeks. And it doesn’t hurt that he turned in a season-best 13-win performance this week to win the week. Congrats to the Minnesotan…he has won the store credit to Rams Book Store. (Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange collecting your prize.) Unfortunately, for Jeppsonr, he has zero margin for error the rest of the way.
In the best shape so far in this young season are reecieram fan, CSpringsRam, and jcl508, who each have 35 wins in 58 games (60.3% winning percentage). But we have 10 weeks to go.
It was a second-consecutive losing week for the field overall, as we posted a 49.9% winning percentage. We are under the .500 mark for the season (49.55%) after four weeks. RonMexico brought up the rear this week with just 3 wins.
Keep getting your entries in by 15 minutes prior to the first kickoff (and note that we often include Friday night games in the contest)! Just click the “Weekly Lines / Entry Form” to fill out your form. Remember, we throw out everyone’s worst two weeks, so you still have a shot at the season prizes.
Thanks to everyone for playing, and please join me in thanking Rams Book Store for their 18th year of sponsorship to this contest. When you’re in need of CSU memorabilia, gear, or school books, Rams Book Store should be your first choice!
Each weekly winner gets a prize from Rams Book Store. Season winners win gift certificates to Rams Book Store. Prizes: Each weekly winner will receive a store credit to Rams Book Store. The top three finishers will receive gift Grand Prize gift certificates to Rams Book Store.
- Each week contestants will pick a winner in 15 games.
- Contestant’s should make their picks “against the spread”. For instance, if Stanford is favored by 14.5 vs. San Diego State, and Stanford wins by more than 14.5 points, they win “against the spread.” If Stanford does not win by more than 14.5 points, then San Diego State wins “against the spread,” even though they might lose the game.
- The weekly winner will be the contestant with the most correct picks.
- In the event of a tie between contestants at the end of a week, the first tiebreaker is the total points scored in the “tiebreaker” game (usually a game involving CSU). The contestant that picks closest to the total points scored wins the tiebreaker. If total points does not break the tie, then total yards will be used. Again, closest guess to the total yards gained from scrimmage by both teams during that game will win the tiebreaker. If a tie is still unbroken, both contestants will receive a prize
- Please have picks in 15 minutes prior to kickoff of the first game on the contest schedule. Please note that Thanksgiving many games start on Thursday.
- Please submit only one entry form per contestant.
- The system is set up so that if you want to change your picks before the weekly deadline, you simply have to to resumbit your entry, and it will overwrite the existing entry.
Season Contest: In addition to each weekly contest, there is a contest for the entire 14-week season in which totals will be kept over the course of the season. The season winners will be the contestant’s with the most correct picks throughout the season, while dropping your worst two weekly win totals. If you miss a week or have a bad week, you can drop that week against your season total. This allows for contestants who may miss the first week, or who may miss a week during the season for whatever reason to remain in contention for the title. If there is a tie between contestants at the season, the highest win percentage for all weeks will be the first tiebreaker. (A contestant must have participated in 11 or more weeks to be eligible.) If the tie is not broken by win percentage, then there will be a final playoff during the Conference Championship weekend, between contestants who are tied. Guidelines and other notes: The contest administrator (Q.Ram) will determine the weekly games on the following basis:
- All games involving MWC teams.
- All games involving two teams rated in the Top 25 AP Poll or receiving votes.
- At least one game involving each of the eight biggest conferences.
- Any other games of note (rivalry games or games involving Top 10 teams).
Please note that CSU games will not be included because the contest administrator (Q.Ram) is highly superstitious and doesn’t believe in betting on games in which he is emotionally involved. (Most of us are CSU fans, and we would all pick CSU to win every week anyway, so that game would be a wash.) CSU games will, however, be used for the Tiebreaker game, unless they are on a Thursday night. Results will typically be posted the following Monday. Please track your picks and make sure you are credited with the right amount of wins. Q.Ram has been known on a very, very rare occurrence to make a mistake, and we will correct errors up until the following week has been played. Remember, if you are in the market for text books and CSU gear, Rams Book Store should be your first choice. Their sponsorship is what helps make RamNation go. All registered posters are welcome to join the contest, but remember all you Ram foes out there…the prizes are limited to what Rams Book Store has in stock, which is primarily CSU-related gear! Thanks and best of luck to everyone (except Buffaloes, Cowboys, and Falcons). –Q.Ram, Good SHEP, and CSURamFan