Welcome to the 2018 RamNation Bowl Pick’em Contest, sponsored by Rams Book Store!
RambleOn makes late run to championship; MountainRam and Ro Sham Bo take second and third, respectively
1/1/19–Ramble On had been quietly looming near the top of the leaderboard for the past few days, but then struck when it mattered most, winning 10 of the last 12 games and going 4-1 on Tuesday. The surge tied him with five others with a record of 26-12, but he took the RamNation Bowl Pick’em Contest, sponsored by Rams Book Store, thanks to the tiebreaker (he guessed 37 total points in the Cotton Bowl, and the actual total was 33).
The other contestants tied at 26 wins were MountainRam, Ro Sham Bo, SappBVP, and RamU23. However, it was MountainRam (Cotton Bowl tiebreaker guess of 16 points) who officially took second place and Ro Sham Bo (tiebreaker guess of 53 points) took third. SappBVP and RamU23 both guessed 54 points to miss out on the prizes by one point.
Congratulations to our three winners! (Please contact us by emailing email@example.com to arrange collecting your prize.)
Two contestants — Ram Master and CSURamFan — finished with 25 wins, while Impala1978, joeybtherealad, durwardram, matth, ronmexico, and whippy finished at 24 wins.
The RamNation Bowl Pick’em championship hung in the balance as the Sugar Bowl concluded Tuesday night. Had Georgia pulled out the game, MountainRam would have won the title, SappBVP would have taken second, and RambleOn would have taken third.
Here’s how the final day unfolded: Iowa (+4.5) upset Mississippi State 27-22 in the Outback Bowl, Kentucky (+7.5) beat Penn State outright 27-24 in the Citrus Bowl, Central Florida (+10.5) lost but covered vs. LSU 40-32 in the Fiesta Bowl, Ohio State (-4.5) squeaked out a cover 28-23 vs. Washington in the Rose Bowl, and Texas (+12.5) stunned Georgia 28-21 in the Sugar Bowl. That’s four more underdogs covering, three of which won outright.
The final tally was underdogs: 25 (20 who won outright); favorites: 11. (Two other games were pick’ems.) It was an incredible year for underdogs. Despite that, the RamNation field finished above .500 — barely — at a 50.1% winning percentage.
Thanks to everyone for playing, and please join me in thanking Rams Book Store for their tremendous sponsorship to this contest. When you’re in need of CSU memorabilia, gear, or school books, Rams Book Store should be your first choice! –Joel Cantalamessa <br>(Good SHEPHERD)
- Contestants will pick a point-spread winner in every bowl game.
- Contestant’s should make their picks “against the spread”. For instance, if Utah State is favored by -10.5 vs. North Texas, and Utah State wins by more than 10.5 points, they win “against the spread.” If Utah State does not win by more than 10.5 points, then North Texas wins “against the spread,” even though they might lose the game.
- In the event of a tie between contestants at the end of the bowl season, the first tiebreaker is the total points scored in the “tiebreaker” game. The contestant that picks closest to the total points scored wins the tiebreaker. If total points does not break the tie, then total yards will be used. Again, closest guess to the total yards gained from scrimmage by both teams during that game will win the tiebreaker.
- Entries are due prior to the first kickoff of bowl season Saturday December 15.
- Please submit only one entry form per contestant.
- The system is set up so that if you want to change your picks (before the start of the first game), you simply have to to re-submit your entry, and it will overwrite the existing entry.
Guidelines and other notes:
Q.Ram, our contest administrator, will make his picks known on the message board prior to deadline, so that everyone will know he is not rigging the game to win all of the prizes.
When in Fort Collins, please pay a visit to our gracious sponsor, Rams Book Store, for furnishing the prizes. Their sponsorship is what helps make RamNation go.
All registered posters are welcome to join the contest, but remember all you Ram foes out there…the prizes are limited to what Rams Book Store has in stock, which is primarily CSU-related gear! Thanks and best of luck to everyone (except Buffaloes, Cowboys, and Falcons).
–Q.Ram, Good SHEP, and CSURamFan