Tlewus takes first! 7DeuceRam and PaPaPaPA take second and third, respectively; 7 others to receive free beer!
1/6/20–The 2019-20 Bowl Season is complete, and as we posted Saturday night, tlewus clinched the RamNation Bowl Pick’em Contest title after putting his lead out of reach before the final game. He earned bragging rights and the $250 shopping spree to SCHEELS! Just for good measure, even though he couldn’t be caught going into the day, he correctly picked Monday night’s Mobile Bowl, having Miami Ohio to cover the +14.5 spread (Miami Ohio lost 27-17 to Louisiana). He finished with a stunning 30-9 record (77% winning percentage) in the bowl games, which is unfathomable when picking against the spread. Congratulations to tlewus on an amazing bowl season, and what is by far the best winning percentage we’ve ever had.
Due to losing Monday night, PaPaPaPA was surpassed in the standings as 7DeuceRam moved into second place by virtue of the tiebreaker (total points in the Fiesta Bowl) at 27-12. But the leapfrog to second place only gives 7DeuceRams slightly greater bragging rights, as both he and PaPaPaPA will receive the same prize — a 32 oz growler full of the beer of his choice from Mighty River Brewing Company. Their 69% winning percentage is the second best performance we’ve ever had in the contest. Well done, boys! It was truly an epic performance by the top of our leaderboard, and really the majority of the field.
But those three winners aren’t the only ones celebrating. Mighty River was kind enough to offer free beer taster flights to the rest of the top 10, which goes to Ram Sense, RamsRule, Ejeppr, hopsblues, unckiel, and G-RAMS10. Congrats!
Winners, please email us at [email protected] to arrange collecting your prize. We’ll get info to you sometime this week.
The field posted a final winning percentage of 53.33%, which for a field of 180 contestants over a 39-game stretch is quite astonishing. No doubt the best performances in the 19-year history of the contest.
In 39 games, 24 favorites and 15 underdogs have covered, with nine underdogs winning outright.
Thanks to everyone for playing. Our sponsors are hugely important to us and help this website keep going. Please join me in thanking SCHEELS for making this year’s bowl contest possible. When you’re in need of CSU apparel or any other athletic gear/sporting goods, please make SCHEELS your first choice! And celebrate the new year with some beer from Mighty River Brewing Company!
–Joel Cantalamessa (Good SHEPHERD)
- Contestants will pick a point-spread winner in every bowl game.
- Contestant’s should make their picks “against the spread”. For instance, if Washington is favored by -3.5 vs. Boise State, and Washington wins by more than 3.5 points, they win “against the spread.” If Washington does not win by more than 3.5 points, then Boise State wins “against the spread,” even though they might lose the game.
- In the event of a tie between contestants at the end of the bowl season, the first tiebreaker is the total points scored in the “tiebreaker” game(s). The contestant that picks closest to the total points scored in the Fiesta Bowl wins the tiebreaker. If total points does not break the tie, then we’ll go to total points in the Peach Bowl. If a tie is still not broken, we’ll discuss a third tiebreaker.
- Entries are due prior to the first kickoff of bowl season at 2 p.m. ET Friday December 20. If you don’t get your picks in by then, we’ll still accept entries over the first few days, but you’ll receive a “loss” for any game already played.
- Please submit only one entry form per contestant.
- The system is set up so that if you want to change your picks (before the start of the first game), you simply have to to re-submit your entry, and it will overwrite the existing entry. But your final entry is the one submitted last prior to the first kickoff.
Guidelines and other notes:
When shopping for CSU Ram gear or other sports merchandise, please give SCHEELS first shot at your business, either at their location in Johnstown, or online at scheels.com. We are grateful to them for furnishing the contest prizes. Their sponsorship is what helps make RamNation and this contest possible.
Thanks and best of luck to everyone (except Buffaloes, Cowboys, and Falcons, of course!).
–Good SHEP, Q.Ram, and CSURamFan7