Pool password: gorams
RamsRule takes Week 5 with 12 wins
10/3/22–RamsRule posted a 12-3 record which tied him with Eric Jeppson for the weekly high. But RamsRule’s guess of 49 total points in the San Jose State-Wyoming game was right on the money, while Eric Jeppson guessed 47. Thus, RamsRule wins the week and earns the $20 gift card from SCHEELS. (Please contact us at [email protected] to arrange collecting your prize.)
Four others finished at 11-4 (Mike Brown, Tom Robinson, JP Destroyed, and 72Kram) and six others finished in double figures. RamRule’s big week also vaulted him into second place of the overall season standings at 47-25-2 (65%). He trails Stalwart Ram (who posted a 10-5 this week) by just 1 point. JP Destroyed sits in third place at 46-26-2 and 11 others are just 5 points back of being in the prizes.
Keep getting your picks in each week to have a shot at the weekly prize and compete for the season title. As a reminder, if you forget to enter picks in a given week, the system will automatically pick all the home teams for you up to three times. If you forget beyond three times, you’ll receive a 0 for each week you miss. The winner of each week will get a $20 gift card to SCHEELS. Year-end winner will receive a $225 gift card to SCHEELS, while second will win $100 and third place $50.
Optional Separate Cash Pool
For the second straight week, Good SHEPHERD had the best score in the cash pool, posting a 10-5 record this week, tying him with Jeff Breyare. SHEP maintains the overall lead at 42-30-2, while Jeff is two games back. DurwardRam and Tim Hensley are five games back of the lead.
The Cash Pool features 13 players this year, so the total pot will be $325. First place will win $275 and second place will win $50.
You can access the standings and weekly entry form at the Cash Pool link (will always be linked above also) and enter the password: gorams. Entry fee is $25. Please Venmo to @Joel-Cantalamessa. We’ll pay out via Venmo at the end of year. If you wish to pay another way, email us at [email protected] and we’ll figure it out.
Thanks to our sponsor, SCHEELS, for their generous donation of prizes. Don’t forget to support them and all of our sponsors for what they do for RamNation.com and helping us stay up and running!
Thanks to everyone for playing!
–Joel Cantalamessa (Good SHEPHERD)
- Contestants will pick a point-spread winner in 15 games each week, plus a total score tiebreaker in the final contest game of the weekend.
- Contestant’s should make their picks “against the spread”. For instance, if Oregon State is favored by -3.5 vs. Boise State, and Oregon State wins by more than 3.5 points, they win “against the spread.” If Oregon State does not win by more than 3.5 points, then Boise State wins “against the spread,” even though they might lose the game.
- The system will auto-pick up to three weeks for you if you fail to get your entry in by deadline. If you miss beyond three weeks, you’ll receive a score of 0 for each week missed.
- In the event of a tie between contestants at the end of the contest season, Win %, Strength of Victory, and Aggregate tiebreaker as determined by the OfficePoolStop software. If the tie is still not broken we’ll determine an equitable split of the prizes.
- Entries are due prior to the first kickoff of a game included in that week’s contest list (typically 10 a.m. MT each Saturday, although some weeks will include Friday and even Thursday games later in the season, so pay attention and get picks in by first game!
- You may submit up to three entries per contestant.
- You may edit your entries via the pool dashboard as long as it’s before the start of the first game of the contest that week. Your final entry is the one submitted last prior to the first kickoff.
- If a game is canceled/postponed in a given week, it will merely be omitted from the week’s scores.
Thanks and best of luck to everyone (except Buffaloes, Cowboys, and Falcons, of course!).