98ram pulls away to win the RamNation Pigskin Pick’em Contest, sponsored by SCHEELS. He earns the shopping spree and growler from Mighty River Brewing Company!
11/29/21–Despite holding a sizable lead for all but two weeks of the contest season, 98ram was in jeopardy of losing to HawkRam Fan, who made a furious rally over the past few weeks. But 98ram slammed the door shut on HawkRam Fan’s hopes by posting 10 wins in the final week compared to Hawk’s 6, and thus 98ram takes the RamNation Pigskin Pick’em title with a total of 113 points for the season. He wins the SCHEELS shopping spree and growler filled with the beer of his choice, courtesy of Mighty River Brewing Company. 98ram, by the way, was also a participant in the optional cash pool and took home the jackpot in that contest also. Congrats to 98ram on your championship!
HawkRam Fan nearly blew a second-place finish, as reecieramfan posted 10 wins this week, and the two finished tied for second at 109 points for the year. HawkRam Fan wins the tiebreaker to officially take second place due to the fact that reecie missed submitting an entry one week and accepted the system’s auto-picks. HawkRam Fan wins a full growler from Mighty River Brewing Company and a bottle of Parce Rum. Reecieramfan wins a full growler from Mighty River Brewing Company and a Colorado state pride flag hat. We will be in touch to arrange getting you your prizes!
The rest of our top 10 also earns free beer taster flights from Mighty River Brewing Company.
t4. Good SHEPHERD (107)
t4. Ramscape (107)
t4. txRam (107)
t7. 72KRAM (105)
t7. MangoMan (105)
t.9 DesertRam (104)
t.9 DRZRAM (104)
t.9 EMJ (104)
We will reach out to each of you in the next couple of days with your beer certificates!
Winning the individual week was RonAMexico, who turned in a sterling 13 wins this week, missing on only the Nebraska-Iowa and Indiana-Purdue games. His 13 wins earns him the free beer taster flight from Mighty River Brewing Company…and because he had a score of 12 or better, he also earns a bottle of Parce Rum!
Thanks to everybody for playing! Stay tuned for our bowl contest Oh, and we also plan to have a separate bowl pick’em like usual, so stay tuned for that!
Cash Pool Winners
As mentioned, 98ram was also a participant in the optional cash pool and won by a wide margin, with his 113 points besting the next closest competitor — Good SHEPHERD — by six points. 98ram takes home the $500 jackpot. Good SHEP closed with back-to-back 10s to slide into the runner-up position for the first time all season and wins the $100. MangoMan took third place at 105 points and wins the $50. We’ll be in touch to get you your cash! You can see the full standings via the “CASH POOL STANDINGS” link above. Thanks to you all for participating.
Thanks to our sponsors, SCHEELS, Mighty River Brewing Company, and Parce Rum. for their generous donation of prizes. Don’t forget to support them and all of our sponsors for what they do for RamNation.com and helping us stay up and running!
Thanks to everyone for playing!
–Joel Cantalamessa (Good SHEPHERD)
- Contestants will pick a point-spread winner in 15 games each week.
- Contestant’s should make their picks “against the spread”. For instance, if Clemson is favored by -3.5 vs. Georgia, and Clemson wins by more than 3.5 points, they win “against the spread.” If Clemson does not win by more than 3.5 points, then Georgia wins “against the spread,” even though they might lose the game.
- Since we are using a new software system for this year’s contest, we are unable to omit each contestant’s worst two weeks. SO, it’s important that you get your picks in starting in Week 1 and continue to submit entries every week!
- In the event of a tie between contestants at the end of the contest season, the first tiebreaker is winning percentage (must have not missed more than two weeks), and the second is contestant who played the most weeks. The third would be best score in the final week. If the tie is still not broken we’ll determine an equitable split of the prizes.
- Entries are due prior to the first kickoff of a game included in that week’s contest list (typically 10 a.m. MT each Saturday, although some weeks will include Friday and even Thursday games, so pay attention!
- Please submit only one entry form per contestant.
- You may edit your entries via the pool dashboard as long as it’s before the start of the first game of the contest that week. Your final entry is the one submitted last prior to the first kickoff.
- If a game is canceled/postponed in a given week, it will merely be omitted from the week’s scores.
- We are planning a 13-week contest season due to the software not offering G5 games and thus we won’t have enough conference championship games available for the entry form in a week 14.
Thanks and best of luck to everyone (except Buffaloes, Cowboys, and Falcons, of course!).