98ram wins Week 2 with 12 wins, beating Ripp04 and 72KRAM via tiebreaker
9/13/21–For the second straight week to open the season, we had a winner with 12 wins, as 98Ram edged Ripp04 and 72KRAM via the tiebreaker. It was 98Ram who had the closest total points guess in the nightcap game, Oregon State vs. Hawaii and thus wins the week. Sweet retribution for 98Ram after also recording 12 wins last week, but being edged by the tiebreaker.
For his effort, 98Ram wins a free beer taster flight from Mighty River Brewing Company AND, because he won the week with a win total of 12 or more, he earns a bottle of the amazing Parce Rum, which was founded by a long-time RamNationer! (Please email us at [email protected] to arrange collecting your prizes.)
More importantly, 98Ram has jumped out to an early lead in the overall standings with 24 points! Cooter and Ripp04 are close behind at 22. Remember, we’re all competing for a shopping spree at SCHEELS! And all three of them are also part of the optional cash buy-in pool, so they’re early contenders for the cash prize at the end of the season. The cash pool standings can also be found in the upper right-hand column of this page below the overall free contest standings.
Keep getting your picks in each week, but if you happen to forget a particular week, you do have some relief as we have the system set to pick all favorites for each contestant. Each week’s new entry form should be live by Monday evening or Tuesday of each week once all the betting lines populate.
Thanks to our sponsors, SCHEELS, Mighty River Brewing Company, and Parce Rum. for their generous donation of prizes. Don’t forget to support them and all of our sponsors for what they do for RamNation.com and helping us stay up and running!
Thanks to everyone for playing!
–Joel Cantalamessa (Good SHEPHERD)
- Contestants will pick a point-spread winner in 15 games each week.
- Contestant’s should make their picks “against the spread”. For instance, if Clemson is favored by -3.5 vs. Georgia, and Clemson wins by more than 3.5 points, they win “against the spread.” If Clemson does not win by more than 3.5 points, then Georgia wins “against the spread,” even though they might lose the game.
- Since we are using a new software system for this year’s contest, we are unable to omit each contestant’s worst two weeks. SO, it’s important that you get your picks in starting in Week 1 and continue to submit entries every week!
- In the event of a tie between contestants at the end of the contest season, the first tiebreaker is winning percentage (must have not missed more than two weeks), and the second is contestant who played the most weeks. The third would be best score in the final week. If the tie is still not broken we’ll determine an equitable split of the prizes.
- Entries are due prior to the first kickoff of a game included in that week’s contest list (typically 10 a.m. MT each Saturday, although some weeks will include Friday and even Thursday games, so pay attention!
- Please submit only one entry form per contestant.
- You may edit your entries via the pool dashboard as long as it’s before the start of the first game of the contest that week. Your final entry is the one submitted last prior to the first kickoff.
- If a game is canceled/postponed in a given week, it will merely be omitted from the week’s scores.
- We are planning a 14-week contest season.
Thanks and best of luck to everyone (except Buffaloes, Cowboys, and Falcons, of course!).