Jbreyare edges 21stCentury Schizoid Ram and LakevilleJep via tiebreaker to win Week 7 with 12 points
10/18/21–Jbreyare, a lowly ‘ole Buff fan, won Week 7 with a 12-3 record, tying 21stCentury Schizoid Ram and LakevilleJep, but winning via the tiebreaker. Jbreyare guessed 59 total points in the Utah-Arizona State game (actual total was 56) while Schizoid guessed 68 and Lakeville guessed 70. With the win, and the 12 points, jbreyare has earned a free beer taster flight from Mighty River Brewing Company AND a bottle of Parce Rum. Congrats!
TxRam, DesertRam, and Alpe also had great weeks at 11-4. It was an extremely successful week for the field, who of our 118 contestants, only 19 of those didn’t finish above .500.
In the overall standings, 98ram still has a healthy lead at 67 points. He went 8-7 this week and has just one sub-.500 week all year (a 7 in Week 6). Alpe is in second at 61 points and jbreyare, Ram fan, and Ramitin are tied for third at 60. This means two Buff fans (Alpe and jbreyare) are in our top three. Better step it up, Ram fans!
Jbreyare was also the top winner in our optional cash pool and has moved up to second place at 60 points, behind 98ram’s 67. SonnySideUp is in third at 59. Eleven other contestants are within five points of third place.
Keep getting your picks in each week, but if you happen to forget a particular week! Each week’s new entry form should be live by Tuesday of each week once all the betting lines populate. (And by the way, we discovered after the start of the season that this software does not include Mountain West conference games. Annoying! But they promised to add them next season.)
Thanks to our sponsors, SCHEELS, Mighty River Brewing Company, and Parce Rum. for their generous donation of prizes. Don’t forget to support them and all of our sponsors for what they do for RamNation.com and helping us stay up and running!
Thanks to everyone for playing!
–Joel Cantalamessa (Good SHEPHERD)
- Contestants will pick a point-spread winner in 15 games each week.
- Contestant’s should make their picks “against the spread”. For instance, if Clemson is favored by -3.5 vs. Georgia, and Clemson wins by more than 3.5 points, they win “against the spread.” If Clemson does not win by more than 3.5 points, then Georgia wins “against the spread,” even though they might lose the game.
- Since we are using a new software system for this year’s contest, we are unable to omit each contestant’s worst two weeks. SO, it’s important that you get your picks in starting in Week 1 and continue to submit entries every week!
- In the event of a tie between contestants at the end of the contest season, the first tiebreaker is winning percentage (must have not missed more than two weeks), and the second is contestant who played the most weeks. The third would be best score in the final week. If the tie is still not broken we’ll determine an equitable split of the prizes.
- Entries are due prior to the first kickoff of a game included in that week’s contest list (typically 10 a.m. MT each Saturday, although some weeks will include Friday and even Thursday games, so pay attention!
- Please submit only one entry form per contestant.
- You may edit your entries via the pool dashboard as long as it’s before the start of the first game of the contest that week. Your final entry is the one submitted last prior to the first kickoff.
- If a game is canceled/postponed in a given week, it will merely be omitted from the week’s scores.
- We are planning a 14-week contest season.
Thanks and best of luck to everyone (except Buffaloes, Cowboys, and Falcons, of course!).