Impala1978, Pau2000 record 13 wins to win the week, vault near the top of the leaderboard
10/7/19–Impala1978 and Pau2000 each launched a shot across the bow of the leaderboard, each using his 13-wins this week to surge near the top of the leader board. Impala improved from a tie of 24th place to a tie of third place in the overall standings. Pau2000 moved from a tie of 19th place into sole possession of second place. Unfortunately for Pau, he was edged out by Impala on the tiebreaker. Pau guessed a total score of 75 points in the Colorado State vs. San Diego State game, while Impala guessed 52. (Actual score was 24-10 for a total of 34 points.) Thus, for Impala’s efforts, he earns the $25 store credit to Rams Book Store and the free taster flight from Mighty River Brewing Company. Congrats Impala! (Contact us at [email protected] to arrange collecting your prizes.)
Because we would also like to reward the great performance of Pau2000 this week, we’re going to award him with the free taster flight from Mighty River Brewing Company as well. Enjoy that fresh beer, Pau….you earned it! (Again, please contact us at [email protected] for info on how to collect.)
The two 13s this week marks the sixth time we’ve seen a 13 or better so far this season, which is an incredible feat. Hopsblues has the highest score of the year (tying for best score of all time) at 14 wins in Week 1. Hopsblues remains in first place with 45 Contest Wins (factoring in throwing out each contestant’s worst two weeks) thanks to yet another double-digit performance. His 10 this week is the fourth double-digit week so far this year. Pau2000’s big week vaulted him to sole possession of second place at 42 Contest Wins. Impala1978 and Ramjamba are tied for third place at 41 Contest Wins. A total of 30 other contestants are within five wins of third place, with lots of season left.
CSU_Ram_Man_97 went from first to worst in consecutive weeks. He won Week 5 with his 12 correct picks, and took dead last this week with just 3 correct picks. Overall, however, it was another good week for the field as we recorded a 52.2% winning percentage and own a 52.42% winning percentage on the season. It’s the fourth time in six weeks that we’ve finished above .500.
Keep getting your picks in each week to stay in the running for our end-of-season prizes. As usual, weekly winners will get a $25 store credit to Rams Book Store, and larger credits to the end-of-season winners. Mighty River Brewing Company is also offering our weekly winners a free flight of beer samplers, as well as growlers of beer to our top finishers at the end of the season.
This contest is made possible by Rams Book Store, who has sponsored this contest and furnished its prizes for 19 seasons now! When you’re in need of CSU memorabilia, gear, or school books, Rams Book Store should be your first choice! Likewise, when you’re thirsty for some amazing beers, check out Mighty River Brewing Company. We are lucky to have such great sponsors!
Each weekly winner gets a prize from Rams Book Store. Season winners win gift certificates to Rams Book Store. Prizes: Each weekly winner will receive a store credit to Rams Book Store. The top three finishers will receive gift Grand Prize gift certificates to Rams Book Store.
- Each week contestants will pick a winner in 15 games.
- Contestant’s should make their picks “against the spread”. For instance, if Stanford is favored by 14.5 vs. San Diego State, and Stanford wins by more than 14.5 points, they win “against the spread.” If Stanford does not win by more than 14.5 points, then San Diego State wins “against the spread,” even though they might lose the game.
- The weekly winner will be the contestant with the most correct picks.
- In the event of a tie between contestants at the end of a week, the first tiebreaker is the total points scored in the “tiebreaker” game (usually a game involving CSU). The contestant that picks closest to the total points scored wins the tiebreaker. If total points does not break the tie, then total yards will be used. Again, closest guess to the total yards gained from scrimmage by both teams during that game will win the tiebreaker. If a tie is still unbroken, both contestants will receive a prize
- Please have picks in 15 minutes prior to kickoff of the first game on the contest schedule. Please note that Thanksgiving many games start on Thursday.
- Please submit only one entry form per contestant.
- The system is set up so that if you want to change your picks before the weekly deadline, you simply have to to resumbit your entry, and it will overwrite the existing entry.
Season Contest: In addition to each weekly contest, there is a contest for the entire 14-week season in which totals will be kept over the course of the season. The season winners will be the contestant’s with the most correct picks throughout the season, while dropping your worst two weekly win totals. If you miss a week or have a bad week, you can drop that week against your season total. This allows for contestants who may miss the first week, or who may miss a week during the season for whatever reason to remain in contention for the title. If there is a tie between contestants at the season, the highest win percentage for all weeks will be the first tiebreaker. (A contestant must have participated in 11 or more weeks to be eligible.) If the tie is not broken by win percentage, then the contestant with the most Season Wins breaks the tie. If the tie is still unbroken, there will be a final playoff during the Conference Championship weekend, between contestants who are tied.
Guidelines and other notes: The contest administrator (Q.Ram) will determine the weekly games on the following basis:
- All games involving MWC teams.
- All games involving two teams rated in the Top 25 AP Poll or receiving votes.
- At least one game involving each of the eight biggest conferences.
- Any other games of note (rivalry games or games involving Top 10 teams).
Please note that CSU games will not be included because the contest administrator (Q.Ram) is highly superstitious and doesn’t believe in betting on games in which he is emotionally involved. (Most of us are CSU fans, and we would all pick CSU to win every week anyway, so that game would be a wash.) CSU games will, however, be used for the Tiebreaker game, unless they are on a Thursday night. Results will typically be posted the following Monday. Please track your picks and make sure you are credited with the right amount of wins. Q.Ram has been known on a very, very rare occurrence to make a mistake, and we will correct errors up until the following week has been played. Remember, if you are in the market for text books and CSU gear, Rams Book Store should be your first choice. Their sponsorship is what helps make RamNation go. All registered posters are welcome to join the contest, but remember all you Ram foes out there…the prizes are limited to what Rams Book Store has in stock, which is primarily CSU-related gear! Thanks and best of luck to everyone (except Buffaloes, Cowboys, and Falcons). –Q.Ram, Good SHEP, and CSURamFan