CSUCUDAD2 wins the week; stapleton ram moves into 1st-place tie with hopsblues for season race
11/12/19–We had a ho-hum week as a field, as 12 people tied at the top this week with just 10 wins. That is one of the bigger logjams we’ve ever had. CSUCUDAD2 won the week on the tiebreaker with a total points guess of 62 total points in the LSU-Alabama game. However, there might be a little controversy, as Parker Ram Man appears to have accidentally misplaced his total points and total yards guesses, as we’re positive he didn’t mean to guess that the game would have 650 total points and only 67 total yards.
Because of this, we’re rewarding CSUCUDAD2 the $25 store credit to Rams Book Store and the free beer flight from Mighty River Brewing Co…..but will also grant Parker Ram Fan a free beer flight from Mighty River Brewing Company also. Had he not messed up his entry, he would have won both prizes, but we don’t want him to go away empty handed. Congrats to both of you! (Please contact us at [email protected] to arrange collecting your prizes.)
The other contestants who had 10 wins this week were stapleton ram, The Fast Forester, lvgolfer02, Rams To Dominate, Babybull, Stalwart Ram, Good SHEPHERD, Rams98, desertram, and RambleOn.
Stapleton ram may not have qualified for a weekly prize with his 10, but he used it to move into a tie at the top of the leaderboard. Previously in fourth place coming into the week, stapleton ram vaulted into a tie with hopsblues at 85 Contest Wins (factoring in throwing out each contestant’s worst two weeks). Rock n Ram is alone in third place at 84 Contest Wins while ParkerRamMan and Pau2000 are tied for fourth. Another 13 contestants are within five wins of the prizes with just three weeks to go.
It’s worth noting that one of our Buff participants, northbuff, turned in one of the worst scores in contest history, going just 1-for-15. Despite that ugly outlier, and the fact that we didn’t have any high scores, the field still somehow had a positive week, turning in a 51.1% winning percentage. We’re at 51.62% for the season and looking good to finish above .500 for the year.
Keep getting your picks in each week to win prizes. As usual, weekly winners will get a $25 store credit to Rams Book Store, and larger credits to the end-of-season winners. Mighty River Brewing Company is also offering our weekly winners a free flight of beer samplers, as well as growlers of beer to our top finishers at the end of the season.
H86RAM, Rammie_5, and northbuff were hard-luck losers this week as a 12 is often good enough to win in any given week. After two down weeks, the field had its second best week of the season with a 55.6% winning percentage — only behind the 58.8% in Week 3. We’re at 51.67% overall for the season.
This contest is made possible by Rams Book Store, who has sponsored this contest and furnished its prizes for 19 seasons now! As you may have heard, they are closing their doors this December. Let’s support them on the way out! When you’re in need of CSU memorabilia, gear, or school books, Rams Book Store should be your first choice! Likewise, when you’re thirsty for some amazing beers, check out Mighty River Brewing Company. We are lucky to have such great sponsors!
Each weekly winner gets a prize from Rams Book Store. Season winners win gift certificates to Rams Book Store. Prizes: Each weekly winner will receive a store credit to Rams Book Store. The top three finishers will receive gift Grand Prize gift certificates to Rams Book Store.
- Each week contestants will pick a winner in 15 games.
- Contestant’s should make their picks “against the spread”. For instance, if Stanford is favored by 14.5 vs. San Diego State, and Stanford wins by more than 14.5 points, they win “against the spread.” If Stanford does not win by more than 14.5 points, then San Diego State wins “against the spread,” even though they might lose the game.
- The weekly winner will be the contestant with the most correct picks.
- In the event of a tie between contestants at the end of a week, the first tiebreaker is the total points scored in the “tiebreaker” game (usually a game involving CSU). The contestant that picks closest to the total points scored wins the tiebreaker. If total points does not break the tie, then total yards will be used. Again, closest guess to the total yards gained from scrimmage by both teams during that game will win the tiebreaker. If a tie is still unbroken, both contestants will receive a prize
- Please have picks in 15 minutes prior to kickoff of the first game on the contest schedule. Please note that Thanksgiving many games start on Thursday.
- Please submit only one entry form per contestant.
- The system is set up so that if you want to change your picks before the weekly deadline, you simply have to to resumbit your entry, and it will overwrite the existing entry.
Season Contest: In addition to each weekly contest, there is a contest for the entire 14-week season in which totals will be kept over the course of the season. The season winners will be the contestant’s with the most correct picks throughout the season, while dropping your worst two weekly win totals. If you miss a week or have a bad week, you can drop that week against your season total. This allows for contestants who may miss the first week, or who may miss a week during the season for whatever reason to remain in contention for the title. If there is a tie between contestants at the season, the highest win percentage for all weeks will be the first tiebreaker. (A contestant must have participated in 11 or more weeks to be eligible.) If the tie is not broken by win percentage, then the contestant with the most Season Wins breaks the tie. If the tie is still unbroken, there will be a final playoff during the Conference Championship weekend, between contestants who are tied.
Guidelines and other notes: The contest administrator (Q.Ram) will determine the weekly games on the following basis:
- All games involving MWC teams.
- All games involving two teams rated in the Top 25 AP Poll or receiving votes.
- At least one game involving each of the eight biggest conferences.
- Any other games of note (rivalry games or games involving Top 10 teams).
Please note that CSU games will not be included because the contest administrator (Q.Ram) is highly superstitious and doesn’t believe in betting on games in which he is emotionally involved. (Most of us are CSU fans, and we would all pick CSU to win every week anyway, so that game would be a wash.) CSU games will, however, be used for the Tiebreaker game, unless they are on a Thursday night. Results will typically be posted the following Monday. Please track your picks and make sure you are credited with the right amount of wins. Q.Ram has been known on a very, very rare occurrence to make a mistake, and we will correct errors up until the following week has been played. Remember, if you are in the market for text books and CSU gear, Rams Book Store should be your first choice. Their sponsorship is what helps make RamNation go. All registered posters are welcome to join the contest, but remember all you Ram foes out there…the prizes are limited to what Rams Book Store has in stock, which is primarily CSU-related gear! Thanks and best of luck to everyone (except Buffaloes, Cowboys, and Falcons). –Q.Ram, Good SHEP, and CSURamFan