LakevilleJep takes Week 3 with 11 wins
10/19/20–Rn the second consecutive sub-.500 week for the field, LakevilleJep weathered the storm the best and pulled off 11 wins in 14 games (we had one game — Cincinnati vs. Tulsa — postponed). He wins the free beer taster flight from Mighty River Brewing Company and moved into top four of the overall standings for the season-long race for the RamNation.com Pick’em Champi0nship and SCHEELS shopping spree. (We’ll reach out this week in regards to your prize.)
RamU23, our Week 1 winner, sits in first place overall after recording 10 wins this week, as he has 30 wins in the Season Total (gross total) with a tremendous 69.7% winning percentage. Our Week 2 winner, RamsDuJour, had 8 wins this week and is in sole possession of second place 29 wins (67.4%). Sitting in third place at 28 wins is 72kRam. Rock n Ram (tied for fifth place overall) was one of only three contestants this week in double figures with 10 wins.
Djram, boyforrams, and 85Homer had the worst scores of the week at just 3 wins. But remember, we throw out each contestant’s worst two weeks at the end of the season, so if you’ve missed weeks or had a bad score or two, you’re not out of it! You still have a shot at the season prizes!
The field recorded a 49.5% winning percentage, dropping us to 49.12% so far in this young contest season.
Again, the top score each week will win a store a free beer taster flight from Mighty River Brewing Company, and the top finisher according to cumulative score at the end of the season will also earn a grand prize of a $250 shopping spree at SCHEELS, while the top three will win full growlers of beer from Mighty River Brewing Company.
Get your picks in each week prior to the first game on the contest sheet!
Thanks to everyone for playing. Our sponsors are hugely important to us and help this website keep going. Please join me in thanking SCHEELS, Mighty River Brewing Company, and Ginger and Baker for making this contest possible!
–Joel Cantalamessa (Good SHEPHERD)
- Contestants will pick a point-spread winner in every game.
- Contestant’s should make their picks “against the spread”. For instance, if Air Force is favored by -5.5 vs. Navy, and Air Force wins by more than 5.5 points, they win “against the spread.” If Air Force does not win by more than 5.5 points, then Navy wins “against the spread,” even though they might lose the game.
- We throw out each contestant’s worst two weeks, so if you miss a week or two, you still have a shot at the season prizes.
- In the event of a tie between contestants at the end of the contest season, the first tiebreaker is winning percentage (must have not missed more than two weeks), and the second is contestant who played the most weeks. The third would be best score in the final week. If the tie is still not broken we’ll determine an equitable split of the prizes.
- Entries are due prior to the first kickoff of a game included in that week’s contest list. Sometimes these are on Friday nights (and occasionally Thursdays). So pay attention!
- Please submit only one entry form per contestant.
- The system is set up so that if you want to change your picks (before the start of the first game), you simply have to to re-submit your entry, and it will overwrite the existing entry. But your final entry is the one submitted last prior to the first kickoff.
- If a game is canceled/postponed in a given week, it will merely be omitted from the week’s scores.
- We are tentatively shooting for a shortened 10-week contest season. This could change during the course of the season due to a variety of factors, so we’ll keep everyone up to date as we go!
Thanks and best of luck to everyone (except Buffaloes, Cowboys, and Falcons, of course!).
–Good SHEP, Q.Ram, and CSURamFan